Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Should I warn an old friend about dating my dangerous/abusive ex boyfriend?

I'm sure if it were you in her place you'd certainly appreciate being pre warned about your experiences with him. I am too familiar with abusive relationships as I've been in a couple of them myself. Both had ALL the abuses which led to having to get Restraining Orders as I was afraid of getting permanently hurt. Abusive people do get worse as time goes by. They have a deep seated anger inside them that keeps getting worse. Only a professional can work on finding out what causes the anger, then it has to be worked on from that point on. It could take yrs. if at all for an abuser to even change. I definitely would tell her of your experiences & just advise her you've told her because you care about her. He is NOT going to change, so he still IS the SAME person you were involved in. Yes, do her a favor, it's up to her if she heeds your advice...the best to you...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment