Wednesday, July 20, 2011

There is a tick on my dog's head please help!?

Growing up in the country, for me, was hell. Myself and the dogs got ticks all over them. My parents would give my dog a flea and tick bath but as for me I had to get the ticks out myself. Depending on the tick, it can be dangerous. It you have the time and patience, the safest way to remove the tick is to take a pair of tweezers, grab the tick carefully to not kill it, apply some pressure as if you were to remove it and hold in that possition. If it's a tick that could be harmful, leaving the head in there could cause disease. Doing the way I've told you, the tick will remove itself because of being uncomfortable. Do not worry. You shouldn't have to cvall a vet and if you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself, you can wait until your parents get home. Dogs get ticks all the time. He'll be fine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment