Sunday, July 17, 2011

Should I start taking St Johns wort?

I am half way through my pregnancy, but I've also recently lost my husband. I feel very anxious and unhappy most of the time. I am now past the denial stage of my grief but I am still incredibly unhappy compared to a few months ago when he was here, and my self esteem (which was in very good condition before) has basically been shattered. I'm at a stage now where I have highs and lows, although my lows are typically more durable than the highs, which don't last long. It seems like I am a good candidate for the supplement, If only I wasn't pregnant. Does anyone know what the effects are of St John's wort on a fetus If it has any? I would love more than anything to stop all the stress, but not if It's going to harm the baby in any big way. Plus I don't want it to backfire, like If years later I go off the drug and then my grief and depression all come back to me. Also I'm a little worried that If I go on it then I'm just drugging away my grief. Which probably isn't healthy, right? Please share your opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment